Jay Stallman, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Dr. Stallman, a board-certified ophthalmologist, has been in private practice as a vitreoretinal specialist since 1990. Graduating with the highest honors from the combined six-year program of Boston University School of Medicine, Dr. Stallman was elected to the prestigious Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society. After his residency in ophthalmology at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation in Ohio, he completed a two-year fellowship in vitreoretinal surgery at Tulane Medical Center in New Orleans. Dr. Stallman is a Fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, and has published articles in several professional journals.
He serves as a regular editorial reviewer of articles submitted for publication to the journal Retina.
He has served as visiting faculty with Orbis International in China and the Philippines, and has been a speaker at numerous professional meetings. He has been the principal investigator of large multicenter clinical trials conducted at Georgia Retina. He serves as medical director of the Georgia Retina Surgery Center.
Dr. Stallman and his wife have two daughters. His personal interests include scuba diving, making 18th century reproduction furniture, fly fishing, and the martial art of aikido, in which he holds a fifth degree black belt and the title of fukushidoin, an instructor level certification.
Dr. Stallman was the 2009 recipient of the Lions Lighthouse Foundation Beacon of Hope award, given to one ophthalmologist in the state of Georgia annually. He also served as 2010 chairman for the Lions Lighthouse Night of Spectacles event, a large fundraiser to support eye care for the uninsured.
He was recently named one of Atlanta’s Top Doctors by Castle Connolly, the healthcare research company that compiles Atlanta magazine’s annual Top Doctors list.
Jay Stallman, M.D., F.A.C.S. in the News
- 2011 Lions Lighthouse Night of Spectacles Eyewear Fashion Event April 30
- Georgia Retina Ophthalmologist Dr. Jay Stallman to Chair 2011 Georgia Lions Lighthouse Foundation Night of Spectacles Event
- Georgia Retina’s Accredited Retina-only Ambulatory Surgery Center Only One in Metro Atlanta
- Georgia Retina Urges Adults to Have Regular Vision Check Ups And Learn the Risks of Macular Degeneration
- Georgia Retina Fields Largest Team at Atlanta VisionWalk Benefiting The Foundation Fighting Blindness
- Three Georgia Retina Physicians Named Top Doctors in Atlanta
- Five Georgia Retina physicians named 2014 Top Doctors in Atlanta
- Georgia Retina Announces New Decatur/Tucker Location