Mark J. Rivellese, M.D.
Dr. Rivellese is a board-certified ophthalmologist. He was born and raised in Long Island, New York. He is an honors graduate of the State University of New York at Stony Brook where he attended both undergraduate and medical school. After completing a general surgery internship and a residency in ophthalmology at Rush Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois, he studied medical retina and vitreoretinal surgery at the New England Eye Center at Tufts University in Boston.
Dr. Rivellese has participated in clinical trials for macular degeneration, retinal vascular disease, diabetes, and retinopathy of prematurity and is presently the principal investigator for multiple trials for the investigation of new treatments for age-related macular degeneration.
His particular areas of interest include the medical and surgical treatment of diabetic retinopathy, ocular melanoma, and retinopathy of prematurity. He has been treating patients with choroidal melanoma in the Atlanta area for more than ten years.
Dr. Rivellese and his wife have two children. In his spare time, he enjoys water skiing, music and has played the alto saxophone for more than 30 years.
Mark J. Rivellese, M.D. in the News
- Georgia Retina Urges Diabetics To Get an Annual Vision Screening
- Georgia Retina Completes Phase III Clinical Trial on Drug for Diabetic Macular Edema
- March is Macular Degeneration and Low Vision Awareness Month
- Premature Infants in Atlanta Rely on Specially Trained Ophthalmologist to Detect, Correct Potentially Blinding Disorder
- Georgia Retina Opens New Office in Peachtree City
- Five Georgia Retina physicians named 2014 Top Doctors in Atlanta
- Georgia Retina Announces New Decatur/Tucker Location